How to Make Bear Face with Paper and Flower Petals
Don’t we just love bears? Especially the stuffed bears!! Every single child would have owned a bear in their life. It induces a sense of security and a feeling of cozy when we sleep next to our stuffed bear. Toymakers Morris Michtom and Richard Steiff in Germany during the early 20th century invented the teddy bear and named it after President Theodore “Teddy” Roosevelt. They are so cute and adorable. Let’s make teddy bears fun and create a fun paper teddy bear face with flower petals!
- Yellow flat flower petals
- Yellow sheets
- Black sheet
- Black marker
- White paint
- Brown sketch pen
- Red sketch pen
Let’s make paper teddy bear with flowers!
STEP 1 – FLOWERS
Collect a bunch of flat yellow flowers. If those flowers are not available, you can make paper flowers. But flowers will make it realistic and natural.
STEP 2 – FLOWER
Separate all the flower petals and take one single petal.
STEP 3 – CUT
Cut the ends of all the petals keeping the head of the flowers.
STEP 4 – SUPPORT
Support each petals by sticking a small chit of paper, behind the petal.
STEP 5 – STICK
Spread the petal and stick it on a white paper from the back side.
STEP 6 – REPEAT
Stick another petal next to the first petal. Make sure the one end of the second petal sticks on the first one.
STEP 7 – REPEAT
Do the same with the third petal. While sticking, make sure you stick it in a circular formation.
STEP 8 – ALL PETALS
This way, stick all the petals one on top of the other in a circular formation.
STEP 9 – Flower formation
The circular flower formation is ready.
STEP 10 – YELLOW SHEET
Take a small yellow sheet. It should be able to correctly fit on the flower petals.
STEP 11 – DRAW
Draw a cute bear face on the yellow sheet.
STEP 12 – CUT-OUT
Cut-out the bear carefully. Be careful while handling a scissor.
STEP 13 – GLUE
Apply glue on the white inner part of the flower formation.
STEP 14 – STICK
Stick the bear head gently in the center.
STEP 15 – EARS AND EYE
Paint the inner ear with the brown sketch pen. Then using the black sheet draw and cut-out the eyes and stick it on the face where the eyes would be.
STEP 16 – EYE BALL
Cut out a small white circle and stick it on the eye to indicate the eye ball and to make it realistic.
STEP 17 – OTHER EYE
Similarly, stick the other eye, along with the eye ball.
STEP 18 – NOSE
Make a black cut-out for the nose and stick it in the center of the face.
STEP 19 – MOUTH
Draw a line from the nose down. Then, draw a smile, touching the line.
STEP 20 – CHEEKS
Using the red sketch pen, highlight the cheeks on both the sides.
STEP 21 – IT’S READY!
You’re cute little fluffy paper teddy bear is ready!
This looks absolutely cute and realistic. This is a fun way to create and engage your kids. You can use to to decorate your kid’s room. It enables to bring out your kid’s talents and it makes bears fun.
Fun facts about teddy bears:
- The reason for teddy bears to be named after the President Roosevelt, is because Roosevelt refused to shoot a bear cub on a hunting trip in 1902.
- First use of teddy bears is dated from 1906.
- Steiff created the teddy for their nephew to have a friendly face while going to the zoo.
- Washable teddies didn’t appear until 1954 when the stuffing was changed to be able to clean easily.
- The world’s smallest teddy bear was 0.29 inches tall.
- The world’s largest teddy bear is 55feet long and is named C T Dreams.
- Jackie Miley from Hilly City, South Dakota, has the world record for the biggest teddy bear collection, totaling 8026 bears in 2012.
- The official name of a teddy bear collector is an ‘arctophile’.
- Winnie The Pooh was based on a real bear.
- Teddy bears are the best travelled toys.
FAQ on How to Make Bear Face with Paper and Flower Petals
1. What materials do I need to make a bear face with paper and flower petals?
You will need paper, glue, scissors, and flower petals to make a bear face.
2. How do I cut the paper to make a bear face shape?
First, draw the shape of a bear face on the paper. Then, use the scissors to cut out the shape.
3. How do I attach the flower petals to the paper?
Dab a small amount of glue onto the back of the flower petals and attach them to the paper.
4. How do I make the eyes?
You can use small pieces of paper or buttons to make the eyes. Attach them to the paper with glue.
5. What color flower petals should I use?
You can use any color of flower petals that you like.
6. How do I make the ears?
Fold two pieces of paper in half and cut out the shape of ears. Attach them to the bear face with glue.
7. How do I make the nose?
Use a small piece of paper to make a nose shape. Attach it to the bear face with glue.
8. How do I make the mouth?
Draw a small line on the bear face with a pen or marker.
9. How do I make the whiskers?
Cut small pieces of paper into thin strips. Attach them to the bear face with glue.
10. How do I make the arms and legs?
Cut four pieces of paper into long strips. Attach them to the bear face with glue.