Let’s make a paper apple Card!
We’ve been growing up listening to people telling the phrase, “An Apple A Day, Keeps The Doctor Away.”. But funnily enough, we don’t consume apples enough. Apples are one of the most delicious fruits in the world and there are around 7,500 varieties of apples grown. It was originated in Central Asia and people think of it as an American fruit, but it actually is not. The scientific name of an apple tree is Malus Domestica.
Even though apples look dense, 25% of it is air and hence it floats in water. Apples are extremely nutritious, healthy for the heart, helps in preventing cancer, improves our concentration level and helps us to stay fit. We cannot avoid apples from our life. Let us encourage children as well, to consume apples. To make apple fun, we can engage children in a fun activity by creating paper apples. This can keep them busy, bring out their talents and will help them learn more about apples. As a reminder for us to consume apples on a daily basis, lets create fun paper apples!
How to Make 3D Apple Paper Card – Step by Step Instructions
- 2 red sheets
- 2 white sheets
- Slim green leaf/ Green paint
- Brown paint
STEP 1 – FOLDING OF PAPER
Take the red sheet and fold it in half, horizontally.
STEP 2 – DRAWING
Draw a bean-like structure at the folding of the paper. The structure must look like the shape of an apple sideways.
STEP 3 – CUT
Hold the fold properly and cut out the figure drawn. Once cut and unfolded, it’ll look like an apple. Be careful while handling a scissor.
STEP 4 – STICK
Keep the cut-out folded. Glue one side of the fold carefully on a white sheet, to one side of the white sheet. It will look like a flap.
STEP 5 – REPEAT
Repeat till step 3 with the other red sheet. Stick this on the other side of the white paper, next to the previous one. It will look like a complete apple with folds.
STEP 6 – INNER PART
Take a small white sheet of paper and fold it in half. It should be small enough to fit inside the apple.
STEP 7 – DRAW
Draw a similar bean-like structure at the fold of the paper.
STEP 8 – CUT
Cut the bean-like structure along with the fold. Once that’s done and unfolded, it’ll look like a mini white apple.
STEP 9 – STICK
Unfold this white cut-out and stick it exactly in the center of the apple.
STEP 10 – SEEDS
Draw an outline of the apple seeds in the white area. Then colour it black.
STEP 11 – STEM
Draw and take a cut out of the apple stem from a white paper. Then colour it brown.
STEP 12 – STICK
Stick the stem in the center, on the top on the apple.
STEP 13 – LEAF
Stick a leaf to the side of the stem. You can use an actual leaf to make it realistic. If you don’t have a leaf, you can also attach a green cut-out of a leaf for the same.
THE PAPER APPLE IS READY!
This is a fun and creative art and craft object to make. While making this paper apple, one can be reminded to have this tasty and delicious fruit. It can add on as a kitchen decoration along with the fruit basket. This is a fun and creative way to pass time as well. I hope you all enjoyed this!
10 Fun Facts About Apples
- Apples are a member of the rose family.
- Apple seeds contain a small amount of cyanide which is poisonous.
- 25% of the apple is air, so it floats on water.
- Apple trees live up to 100 years.
- China grows most of the apples in the world.
- There are over 7,500 varieties of apples that are grown worldwide.
- The world’s first pocket-sized apple is called Rockit
- The largest apple that is grown is the Hokutu apple.
- Honey bees are used to pollinate apple trees.
- Apple trees can tower at 40ft.
You’ll Also Like
- 15 Back to School Apple Crafts and Activities
- 20+ Apple Crafts & Activities for Preschool
- Interesting and Easy Paper Card Ideas for Kids
- Amazing Things Parents Made for Their Kids With a Cardboard Box
- Recycled Cardboard Box Crafts For Kids – Activities for Toddlers