The cactus is one of the cutest, yet a scary plant. As we all know, the cactus is the only plant that can survive without water. It requires very little water and that’s why it’s mostly found in the desert. It belongs to the Cactaceae family. It’s fun to learn about the cactus. To make cactus interesting, let’s make cute cactus with handprints!
How to Make A Handprint Cactus Painting
- Olive green paints
- White paper
- Other paint colours
- Brown paper
- Black marker
Step 1 – Paint Hand
Take the green paint and paint in on your hand
Step 2 – Print
Imprint the hand on the white paper.
Step 3 – Dry
Take the hand off and let it dry.
Step 4 – Thumb
Using another paint, dip your finger in it and print on the thumb.
Step 5 -flower
Print it in a flower shape to make it creative.
Step 6 – Bud
Dip your finger in a yellow paint, and print it in the center of the flower.
Step 7 – Repeat
Dip your finger in another color and make a flower with he bud in the other finger as well.
Step 8 – Repeat
Similarly, dip your fingers in different colors and do the same for the rest of the fingers.
Step 9 – Dry
It looks beautiful and let it dry.
Step 10 – Pot
Take the brown paper and cut it in the shape of a flower pot.
Step 11 – Stick
Stick it in the bottom of the cactus handprint.
Step 12 – Thorns
Using the black marker, draw the thorns on the side to make it realistic.
Step 13 – Smiley Face
Draw a smiley face in the body of the cactus. This will make it look cute. You can write a cute greeting in the end like “Happy New Year” with the year written.
The Handprint Cactus Is Ready!
It’s finally done! This is a fun way to make cute greeting cards which is extremely creative, colorful and fun. This is a very fun way to engage kids and pass time. By doing this, they also get to learn about cactus. So get up and start creating cactus handprints!
Fun facts about cactus!
- Cacti stomata opens only at night.
- Cacti have spine instead of leaves.
- Cactus plant can live for ages.
- There are red, yellow, white, purplish and orange in colour.
- All cactus are succulents, but not all succulents are not cactus.
- Cactus can be a source of food.
- Even though cactus are desert plants, they can be grown anywhere.
- It takes a lot of time to grow a cactus plants.
- A cactus can store unbelievable amount of water in them.
FAQ On Handprint Cactus Painting – Step by Step Instructions
1. What materials do I need to make a handprint cactus?
A. You will need green paint, a paintbrush, a piece of paper, and a hand (or multiple hands).
2. How do I make a cactus shape with my handprint?
A. To make a cactus shape with your handprint, start by putting your hand in a fist and pressing it onto the paper. Then, open your fingers and slowly press them down and outwards to create the cactus shape.
3. How do I add details to my handprint cactus?
A. To add details to your handprint cactus, use a thin paintbrush to paint small lines and shapes onto the cactus, such as spines, flowers, and leaves.
4. How do I make the handprint look more realistic?
A. To make the handprint look more realistic, use a thicker paintbrush to add texture to the handprint. You can also use a toothbrush dipped in paint to create small “spines” on the cactus.
5. How do I create the background for my handprint cactus?
A. To create the background, you can paint a solid color or use a variety of colors. You can also use paper to create a textured background.
6. Can I use multiple colors for my handprint cactus?
A. Yes, you can use multiple colors for your handprint cactus. You can use different colors for the cactus itself, the background, and the details.
7. How do I make sure my handprint cactus is the same size each time?
A. To make sure your handprint cactus is the same size each time, use a template or draw a guide on the paper before you start painting.
8. How long does it take to make a handprint cactus?
A. It typically takes about 30 minutes to make a handprint cactus, depending on the size and complexity of the design.
9. How long does the paint need to dry before I can hang it?
A. The paint usually needs to dry for at least 24 hours before you can hang it.
10. How should I hang my handprint cactus?
A. You can hang your handprint cactus using wire or string. You can also use a picture frame or mount it on a canvas.
- Dragon Paintings for Kids
- Penguin Paintings For Kids
- Dog Paintings For Kids
- Hummingbird Paintings For Kids
- Hawk Paintings For Kids