To tell time is one of the basic activities that one needs to do. It is a general activity that we perform on a daily basis. It is how we tell if we are submitting our work before the deadline or if we are late to a party. Though it is one of the easiest things to learn, many people have difficulty telling the time.
Generally, we learn the act of telling time when we are young. Since it is known that we learn things faster and easily when we are young, there’s no need to explain why it’s a good practice to do so. While people use their mobile phones to tell time nowadays, it is necessary to learn to tell time using analogue clocks.
Match up Clock Faces and Times
The following exercises are created for children to learn how to tell time. There are three hands in an analogue clock. The smallest hand is the hour hand which shows the hour, then there is a minute hand which shows the minute and finally there’s the second hand which tells us the second.
There are some phrases that one needs to know to tell time.
- Five to – Used to tell time when it’s five minute to the next hour.
- Five past – Used to tell time when it’s five minutes after the hour.
- Ten to – Used to tell time when it’s ten minute to the next hour.
- Ten past – Used to tell time when it’s ten minutes after the hour.
- Quarter to – Used to tell time when it’s fifteen minute to the next hour.
- Quarter past – Used to tell time when it’s fifteen minutes after the hour.
- Half past – Used to tell time when it’s thirty minutes after the hour.
Teach these terms to the kids or students and then ask them to tell the time by using an analogue class. If he is able to do so, you can use the worksheet to help them fully understand the concept after that.
The task at hand is simple. In the following sheets students have to draw the hour and the minute hands according to the time given below the clocks in each question.
Match up Clock Faces and Times- 1
Match up Clock Faces and Times- 2
Match up Clock Faces and Times- 3
Match up Clock Faces and Times- 4
In total there are four different sheets in the worksheet, each of which contains eight questions to allow for kids get enough practice. Download the works to get started now. You can browse our website for more such worksheets and other educational content.
- Number Match Puzzle – Printable Activity for Kids
- Numbers Flashcards For Preschoolers- Free Printable Worksheet
- O’clock Flashcards For Kindergarten- Free Printable
- Toys Flashcard to Build Vocabulary for Kids
- Types of Disasters Flashcards – Printable Matching Activities for Kids