DIY and Crafts
Sensory Bin Play Ideas For Kids
Hey, crafty heads!
We are back with a brand new article regarding art and craft. These days toddlers learn a lot of things while playing in their preparatory schools. This is the proper way of teaching them while enjoying. A toddler should get the idea of certain basic things, but we shouldn’t forget their age also. Various cool activities have been introduced in Playschools that are helping in building the brain capacity of children. We should encourage such activities.
Sensory bins are special bins that are made up of different stuff and our child is used to acknowledge them using their sense organs. We can use many things in a container like sand, pulses, seeds, water etc. Kids put their hands in the bin and love to play by moving and touching their hands with different textured stuff.
It’s not necessary to keep this activity restricted only to preparatory or Playschools. We can make one at home for our child to stimulate its sense organs well. I have tried to make some of them at home and it was fun and full of excitement. I wish you all good luck and make one for your little one.
Sensory Bin Play Craft Ideas For Kids
Acorn Sensory bin Craft Ideas
- Plastic container,
- Printed squirrels,
- Empty toilet paper roll,
- Metallic container.
Activity:- To find the hidden acorns from the bin.
- Get an empty big plastic container.
- Get some peas and spread them in the container.
- Buy some acorns from the market and mix them in the container randomly.
- Make sure that the quantity of the peas should be much more than acorns so that they remain hidden inside peas.
- Get printed squirrels and paste them around the empty toilet paper rolls using glue.
- Now decorate them in the plastic bin.
- Provide your child with a metallic container, tongs and scooper.
- Your child needs to find the hidden acorns.
Apple Cinnamon Sensory Bin For 5-Year-Old
- Empty container,
- Artificial red and green apples,
- Cinnamon sticks, and small wooden baskets.
Activity: To find the number of red apples, green apples and cinnamon sticks.
- Take an empty container and fill it with oats seeds.
- Buy some artificial red and green apples from the market and hide them in the container or bin.
- Gets some cinnamon sticks from your kitchen and add these also to the container.
- Provide your toddler with a small wooden basket that will be used as a scooper to scoop different hidden materials out of the oats.
- Tell your child to count the number of red and green apples and also cinnamon sticks.
Apple Pie Sensory Bin For 4-Year-Old
- Apple fragrance sand,
Activity:-Collection of all the strawberries from the sand.
- Take a big container and fill it with sand scented with apple fragrance bought from the market.
- Fill it with some small artificial or natural strawberries.
- Using a spoon, ask you, kid, to find out all the hidden strawberries from the bin.
- Collect the strawberries in any container using a spoon as a scooper.
Fall Sensory Bin Play Activities with Apples & Acorns!
- Artificial acorns,
- Artificial apples,
Activity:-Collect all the acorns and apples from the bin and tell which are more in quantity.
- First of all, you need to find a big container that will be deep enough to convert into a sensory bin.
- Then you need to buy some packets of nuts, and beans from the supermarket.
- Artificial apples and acorns are also easily available in the market.
- Now fill your bin with nuts and beans.
- Get some artificial apples and acorns. Mix them in the bin.
- Let’s start the activity by providing the toddler with a scooper and an empty container to collect the apples and acorns.
- Once you’re done with the collection. Count the number of acorns and apples.
Autumn Sensory Bin For 5-year-olds
- Glitter powders,
- Bird seeds,
- Pom-pom leaves,
- Plastic containers or plastic tubs.
Activity:- Collection of all the materials that will be found hidden in the bird seeds or glitter powder.
- Get a plastic container and fill it with birdseed and glitter powder.
- Collect some feathers, rocks, leaves and mix them and add these to the bin.
- Buy some pom poms from the market and hide them in the bin.
- Using a scooper, ask your kid to find all the hidden items from the bin.
- It will be a little bit time consuming to locate pom-poms as they are small in size. But it will be fun to play this game.
Autumn Sensory Play Activities For Toddlers
- Big wooden bowls,
- Corn kernels,
Activity:- Segregation of different materials based on size.
- Find any big wooden Bowl in the kitchen.
- Fill this bowl with corn kernels.
- Take some acorns and hide them in the bowl.
- Get some medium and small-sized pumpkins from the market and make sure to hide them properly inside the bowl.
- Prefer small sized Pumpkins as we can hide them easily.
- With the help of a scooper, find all the hidden items.
- Once you’re done with it, then separate them based on size.
Colored Rice Sensory Bin
- empty bin,
- food colour or water colours,
- plastic bags,
Activity:- Recognition of different colours.
- Get four plastic bags.
- Fill each bag with a handful of rice.
- Get water colours or good colours and add different colours to each bag.
- Like in one bag, we added green, in the second one we added brown, in the third one brown and the fourth one yellow.
- You can use your favourite colours.
- Seal the ends of each bag and mix them well till you find that rice has been stained well with colours.
- Unseal the Bags and transfer the coloured rice to different bowls.
- Using a scooper, tell your child to mix all the four different coloured rice in a bin.
Pine sensory bin
- Cinnamon sticks,
- Cinnamon powder,
- Pine cones,
Activity:-Find the hidden items and also recognize the shape of the items.
- Get some jars.
- Fill each jar with a handful of rice.
- Get watercolours or good colours and add different colours to each jar.
- Let the colours stain the rice properly.
- Now remove the rice and transfer it into an empty bin.
- Take some cinnamon sticks and grind them to make powder out of them.
- Mix this powder in the bin.
- Collect some pine cones from the woods.
- Hide the cones and the cinnamon sticks inside the bin.
- Let your little one find these two using a Scooper.
Colours of Fall Sensory Bin Play Activities
- Cardboard tray,
- Cupcake liners,
- Artificial Autumn leaves,
Activity:- Collecting items according to the number that comes on rolling the dice.
- Find any cardboard box or tray.
- Buy some artificial Autumn leaves from the market and add them to the tray.
- Take pasta packets of different colours and mix them on the tray.
- To make it look more attractive, you can add cake liners to it.
- Now start playing, first you need to run a dice and check the number that comes on it.
- Then according to that number, you need to collect items. Like if two comes on the dice, you need to collect two things from the tray.
- For collecting objects, you can use a scooper and bowl.
Nature Table Fall Sensory Science Ideas
- Any natural thing you find in your garden like leaves,
- Magnifying glass,
Activity:- Comment on the collected material and explain the texture and colour of the found items.
- Move outside your lawn or garden.
- Collect all the natural items you find in your surroundings.
- Collect them in a bin.
- Now invite your friends and start discussing with them the things you collected.
- You can make use of magnifying glass to check the minute details of the objects and observe them.
Easy Fall Button Tree Quiet Sensory Bin
- Plastic containers,
- Pipeline cleaners.
Activity:-Using the hidden items try to make a tree.
- Take an empty plastic container and fill it with buttons of different colours.
- Collect some pipeline cleaners and add them also to the bin.
- You can make the base of the tree using pipeline cleaners.
- Pass the buttons through the pipeline cleaners and complete your project.
Fall Farm Sensory Bin Play Activities
- Plastic bin,
Activity:-Differentiate between the hard and the soft materials.
- Visit any garden and cut some grass from there.
- Add the grass to an empty plastic bin.
- Collect some flowers also and hide them in the bin.
- Add the acorns in the bin also.
- Ask your child to find the soft material which is a flower and the hard one which is an acorn.
- This activity will help you to make your child understand the difference between the textures of different materials and it will be cool to play such games.
Follow us on Youtube for art and craft tutorials and much more.
More Articles from Kids Art & Craft
- Interesting Letter Learning Activities For Preschoolers
- Math Games And Activities For Kids
- Puzzle Activities For Kids
- Ant Crafts & Activities for Kids
- Nature Inspired Crafts Activities for Kids