Let’s bring the elephant into the room! You all might hear this English idiom! Today’s craft is related to this idiom. You all might guess it right! We are going to learn how to make an origami elephant. But it’s going to move!! How? Then go through it. Children love this animal so much for its calm and friendly nature. They love to see elephants at zoos. In Hindu, culture elephants are worshiped as Lord Ganesha. So, We all kind of realize the impact this kind of creature has. So, let’s grab your stationeries and bring life to your new friend.
How to Make A Moving Paper Toy- An Elephant
- A 20*20 c.m. color paper.
- A 12*20 c.m. color paper.
- A 7*7 c.m. white paper.
- A centimeter scale.
- A scissor.
- A Cello tape tube.
- A glues stick.
- A black marker pen.
- A straw.
- Two eyes button.
- Take a 20*20 c.m. color paper, place it on your desk like a diamond shape. Fold the page up to down like a triangle shape. Then fold it down to a little triangle shape, stick them both over and under part of the page with glue.
- Fold both sides of the pages right-left and left-right edgewise like an arrow-like triangle. It must look like the ears of the elephant.
- All together the page will look like an elephant’s face.
- Take the 12*20 c.m. color paper, make two points over it with the black marker pen and the points will be 4.8 c.m after each other. Draw the points with the centimeter scale.
- Take the centimeter scale, place it over the points of the page, and fold.
- Unfold the page, follow the fold lines and fold them over and under each other in a line shape.
- Unfold it and stick the bottom of the page samely with a glue stick and the left side of it. Remember do not fold the upper part of the page. It will look like a stick.
- Take the other page, the elephant face one. Stick glue on the stick-like pages above and attach the elephant’s face. It will look like an elephant with a trunk.
- Make lines on the elephant’s trunk with your marker pen.
- Take the 7*7 c.m. white paper, fold the paper in a square shape and cut it like a narrow triangle. There will be two triangles. It is supposed to be the teeth of the elephant.
- Stick glue on the small triangles and attach them under the elephant’s face.
- Turn the piece and take a straw. Put the straw in the straight page half. Attach the straw to the page with sellotape.
- Turn it over and attach the eyeballs with a glue stick and then roll the elephant’s trunk from the and See the magic with a blow!!
Just look at the trunk!! Your friend is ready for a piggyback ride! This process is so easy that anyone should easily make them, by going through this process. You should use your own creativity and add some extra to this origami elephant. So, let’s hurry up, make these cute friends and decorate your room and stuff.