Let’s bring the elephant in the room! You all might hear this English idiom! Today’s craft is related to this idiom. You all might guess it right! We are going to learn how to make an origami elephant. Children love this animal so much for its calm and friendly nature. They love to see elephants at zoos. In Hindu, culture elephants are worshiped as Lord Ganesha. So, We all kind of realize the impact this kind of creature has. So, let’s grab your stationaries and bring life to your new friend.
How to Make an Origami Elephant
- A 20*20 c.m color paper.
- Two 5*5 c.m white papers.
- P.S- These papers are going to be used for elephants’ teeth, so you can use any type of paper like pages of a normal copy white paper, notebook, or from writing pads.
- A scissor.
- A glue stick.
- Coloring markers. ( For highlighting the elephant)
- A black marker pen.
- Take a 20*20 c.m. paper, place it like a diamond shape on the desk then fold the paper sidewise in a triangle shape. There should be a fold line exactly in the middle of it.
- Fold the paper up-down wise in a triangle shape, unfold it. Then make a fold on the top of it in a triangle shape that goes from up to the middle of the paper.
- Fold the sides of the paper leaving the middle fold line in an arrow-like triangle shape sidewise.
- Roll the top of both fold sides in a triangle shape. It should leave the middle converse triangle and leave some little space under it.
- Remember the one side’s triangle fold should be under the other fold.
- Fold the top two sharp edges of the paper by making two little triangles conversely.
- Turn the paper, roll the left and right edges of the sides by making two little triangles.
- Use the black marker to draw cute round eyes on the center of the paper and highlight its ears and trunk with colors and markers.
- Then roll the bottom of your elephant’s trunk a little like in a triangle shape.
- Take the two 5*5 c.m papers cut them sidewise, It should look like two narrow triangles. Then, take the glue stick and attach the papers to the middle of your elephant’s mouth, It should be put under it.
Your friend is ready for a piggyback ride! This process is so easy that any should easily make them, by going through this process. You should use your own creativity and add some extra to this origami elephant. So, let’s hurry up make these cute friends and decorate your room, dairy, and stuff.