Flower craft ideas are a great way to get creative with the kids during the spring and summer months, and they also make lovely gifts and greeting cards for special occasions. These would be excellent for Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, Teacher Appreciation Day, or birthdays, wouldn’t they?
We adore sharing flower craft ideas for kids, and we think they’re fun to make at any time of year! You can give homemade / kid-made flowers for a variety of events, including birthdays, special holidays, or simply to brighten someone’s day!
Flower Crafts & Activities For Kids
Read More: 15 Beautiful Flower Crafts for Kids
Simple Rose Flower Craft Using Paper
This simple rose flower craft using paper is a great DIY project for kids and adults alike. It is an easy and inexpensive way to make beautiful paper roses that can be used for decorations, gifts, or just for fun. With just a few supplies, anyone can make a beautiful rose flower.
Cupcake Paper Flowers Craft For Kids
Cupcake paper flowers are a simple activity for kids that can be used to teach children about Spring and the various changes that might occur throughout the year.
Things you will need:
- Cupcake liners (ideally of various sizes), Paddle pop sticks, Glue, Glitter, Scissors (optional), Glue Decorating pens, paint, pencils, and a paper plate.
- Separating the cupcake liners is a fantastic fine motor practice for your child. After you’ve divided them, explain to your youngster about the different sizes they can see.
- When you use different sizes of cupcake sheets, your youngster will be able to recognize the differences and conduct some basic ordering.
- For older children, this could be an excellent time to discuss the Spring season, flower components, and pollination.
Tissue Paper Flower Art Activity For Kids
For making Tissue paper flowers you will need:
- Tissue paper, glue, and printable flower.
- The kids will use glue to adhere the picture on the circles and crumple up tissue paper to adhere it to the picture. The flowers can be decorated with whatever color of tissue paper that the children like. This is a fine motor activity as well as a fun art activity since the kids will be scrunching up the tissue paper squares with their little muscles in their hands.
Tulip Fork Flowers Craft For Kindergarten
Looking for something different to paint with your kids? In this painting craft for kids, forks are used instead of brushes. For children, painting with anything other than a paintbrush is always a blast. So, what are you waiting for make these beautiful tulips with the help of forks instead of using a brush?
Simple Coffee Filter Flower Tutorial For Kids
Did you know that with coffee filters and pipe cleaners, you can construct gorgeous, complete flowers with your students? It’s a QUICK and EASY craft that the kids will enjoy! You will need a spray water bottle, coffee filters, wax paper, pipe cleaner, table liner, and markers.
Bottle Cap Flower Craft Idea For Kids
To make these beautiful bottle cap flowers. You will need 5 bottle caps, glue, paper, a marker, scissors, and a button are all required. Begin by tracing and cutting out the bottle caps onto colored sheets of paper. Glue them on the inside of the bottle caps. On the paper, glue a button, a green stem, and two leaves.
Read More: 35+ Easy Flower Craft Ideas For Kids
Adorable Cork-stamped Flowers Spring Craft For Kids
These sweet cork-stamped flowers can brighten up any tabletop, window sill, or other small space in your home! What a delightful spring craft for children.
- Drizzle three different colors of paint on your styrofoam tray. Apply a cork stamp on the paint now. It’s possible that you’ll need to shift it around a little to achieve excellent coverage. But take it easy; you don’t want your colors to blend together.
- Re-dip your stamp in the paint and stamp again and again! Allow your paint to dry before cutting out your flowers.
- Each flower should have a button in the center. Place each flower in a small vase or jar with a straw glued to the back.
Easy Paper Plate Flower Weaving Activity
We can’t wait for the flowers to blossom, and if you can’t either, try this paper plate flower weaving game. The thread is woven beneath and over flower petals, which is a straightforward technique. This is fantastic if your paper flower has an odd number of petals; kids can weave their way around and around, crossing and beneath, for as long as they like.
Fingerprint Dandelion Craft Idea For Kids
Here’s a lovely card idea that anyone would like to receive! Paint is all you need to make fingerprint dandelions! Kids enjoy getting their fingers dirty, and the results are adorable. Send a card for Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, and other occasions! You’ll need white/green/brown paint, a little paintbrush, card stock paper, and a finger to complete this project.
Colorwheel Bouquet Flower Art Activity
This is an excellent activity for teaching the color wheel, reinforcing cutting and pasting skills, and honing color observation and recognition skills.
- Trace a circle on the grey paper with a little spherical container and place it in the center. Then, if time allows, have the kids build stems and leaves.
- Discuss the color wheel and how/why colors are ordered using a poster or other visual aid. After spending the entire year working with colors, most children are quite familiar with the formulas for creating secondary colors.
- Show the students how to cut the primary-colored rectangles into petals by placing them on their workstations. Glue the three petals on a white sheet of paper, with the yellow petal pointing up. Rep the steps to make the secondary hues’ petals.
How To Make Newsprint Flower Craft For Kids
The kids will love this paper-cutting flower craft. Liquid Bio Color allows kids to freely paint on phone book pages. After it has dried, allow the kids to trace the lids with pencils and cut them out. The effect becomes more stunning as you add more clippings. Punch holes in the middle of the circle clipping once we’re done. Set aside time on the table during option time to hole punch depending on how many clippings you have. The kids enjoy mastering the hole punchers and are very proud of their accomplishment
Simple Flower Print Project
Cover your workspace with newspaper, butcher paper, or a disposable table cloth because this craft might get dirty.
Squeeze paint blobs onto the paper plate, providing enough space to press the flowers into the paint. It’s now time to have some flower painting fun! Dip the flower into the paint, then gently press it onto the paper, as if you were replacing your paintbrush with a fresh bloom.
Don’t worry if some of the petals or other pieces of the flowers get trapped in the paint—it merely adds texture! Show your child how to make a different form of the mark by twirling the flower back and forth in a circular manner. Younger children may enjoy brushing the flower around the page with a paintbrush, just as they would with a paintbrush.
Set your creation aside to dry after it’s finished.
Simple Painted Garden Flowers Craft In Summer
Make these simple painted garden flowers crafts with your kids. All you need to do is:
1. Give your kids a plate, a paintbrush, and a variety of paint colors. Allow them to express themselves!
2. Once the paint is entirely dry, drill a small hole about one centimeter from the plate’s inner rim. Use a drill bit that is somewhat smaller than the screws you’re going to use.
3. Using a screwdriver, attach the plate to the garden stake, starting with the drilled hole.
4. Cut 4 feet of twine and wrap it around the stake 4-5 times, leaving enough string on either end to create a bow.
5. Gently tap the stake into the earth using a rubber mallet.
DIY Flower Stamping Craft Activity For Kids
It is so simple, kids will like this art activity. To begin, cut the celery almost all the way to the bottom. To make it easier to print on paper, make sure they’re all the same length. Using a paintbrush or dipping the celery in paint, coat the entire top. Firmly press it against the paper, then delicately lift it up. We started with a pink flower and then added purple to the other one. After you’ve finished stamping your celery, go ahead and paint a gorgeous scene with grass, stems, and leaves!
A Beautiful Bouquet Of Straws Flowers
The arrival of spring is just around the corner. You can make a lovely bouquet of straw flowers with your children.
1. Use a pencil to trace around the stencil or cookie cutter.
2. Trace around a little glass on basic card stock to cut out the flower shape and some smaller circles.
3. Glue the center spot onto the flower, then punch a hole through the middle of the flower with a grown-up. Then have your child gently push the straw up through the flower from the bottom until it reaches the bendy section at the top. The bloom will stay in place if you bend the straw.
Now try these fancy straws!
Paper Clip Flowers Craft For Adults
This project is ideal if you’re looking for flower craft ideas and want to use office supplies. To begin, go through your office drawers and pull out a few loose paper clips. Any time of year, flower craft ideas can help you beautify your surroundings. Even though it’s freezing outside, you may make your own garden full with bright DIY flowers. These paper clip flowers can also be used to embellish other handcrafted items. The best part is that this activity only takes a few minutes to complete, allowing you to start and finish a bouquet in one sitting.
Read More: Simple Flower Drawings for Kids
Salt Dough Flower Fingerprint Craft Activity For Kids
Kids of all ages will enjoy making these salt dough flower fingerprints. These salt dough activities have always been a hit with the kids. Fingerprint, handprint, and footprint crafts are particularly popular with moms and grandparents. It’d make a wonderful Mother’s Day craft. You can add the ribbon so that you would display them in spring.
I hope you like these Flower crafts and activities for kids. If you want more ideas then read more posts on www.k4media.com and let me know in the comment section which idea you like the most.
Follow us on Youtube for art and craft tutorials and much more.
More Articles From Kids Art & Craft
- Colorful Drawings of Flowers, Plants & More
- DIY Foam Sheet Flowers Craft Ideas for Spring
- DIY Recycled Plastic bottle flowers with Popsicle sticks decoration (Tutorial)
- Flower Gift Card – Mother’s Day DIY for Kids
- How to Make a Cute Paper Flower Card for Mother’s Day