The sun is actually a star which is positioned at the center of our solar system. Just like all the stars in the cosmos, sun is also made of hot gases (chiefly helium and hydrogen). Its diameter is approximated to about 1.39 million kilometers, which also means its weight is almost 330 thousand times more than that of earth!
Let’s learn and make an easy-to-execute step-by-step tutorial for a paper sun toy to increase the shine of your hand made decor the way the Sun makes even the darkest surface shine with its power and uncountable strength.
How to Make Paper Sun Toy Step by Step Instructions Easy Tutorial
- Different colored sheets
- Double sided tape(thin)
- Animated eyes
- Colors and sketchpens.
Start with the red A4 sized sheet.
Fold it in exact half and crease it carefully.
Fold it two times more and press to get creases.
Open it back. The sheet is divided into eight equal parts vertically.
Now start folding the creased parts alternatively, the way we make a chinese fan.
Fold it from the center.
Press both the ends gently against each other.
Draw a semi-oval on the open end of the fan.
Cut it accordingly.
Hold the extreme ends and open it. You’ll see the design applying throughout the length.
Close it again. Stick a strip of double sided tape to one of the two ends.
Make other fans using the same fashion. Let them differ in color to increase its attractivity.
Attach them together end to end.
Spread them until 360 degrees to make a circle. Leave the ends open.
Now paste ice-cream sticks to the abandoned ends. This will make it easy to hold.
Close the flaps to a full circle.
Take a round yellow sheet, smaller in size to the wheel you just created.
Paste a pair of animated eyes on it.
Add details by drawing the eyelashes, blushed cheeks and a curved smile.
Paste it at the center of the wheel.
Your adorable little paper art of sun is absolutely ready to flaunt it among your collection of handmade crafty things!
- The colorful, pleasant-looking sun will illuminate your day when you glance at it hanging at the corner of your room, swaying with the wind.
- The sun, in many scriptures of various countries, signifies light and prosperity.
- Many cultures consider it auspicious to include the symbol of a sun at your home, workplace, room etc.
- Do you know? More than one million earths can accommodate inside this big star!
- Crediting its already big size, sun accounts for almost 99.86% of the solar system’s total mass. The numbers are incredibly huge!
- The origin of the sun is thought to have taken place due to the big bang which happened millions of years ago. This is also considered the reason for the emergence of all the planets and other heavenly bodies in the solar system.
Next time you feel dull, consider making your own crafty little sun with your own hands and minimal materials.