Butterflies are the most beautiful insects in the world. The different colors and varieties on a butterfly is so amusing. Butterflies are insects in the macrolepidopteran clade Rhopalocera from the order Lepidoptera, which also includes moths. The average lifespan of a butterfly is 2-4 weeks. Butterfly makes everyone happy and it indicates a sense of freedom. They are so free and wild. Let’s make a paper butterfly card for our sister!
- Pink, yellow, blue, orange and green square sheets
- Black marker
- Black card
- White marker
Let’s make paper butterfly card!
STEP 1 – SHEETS
Collect all the the colored paper sheets.
STEP 2 – STACK
Stack all the sheets together.
STEP 3 – FOLD
Now fold all the sheets together.
STEP 4 – DRAW
Using the marker, draw an outline of a half butterfly at the folding.
STEP 5 – CUT
Cut the butterfly at the folding along with all the sheets.
STEP 6 – UNFOLD
When you unfold the the sheet, it’ll look like many butterflies.
STEP 7 – ARRANGE
Arrange all the butterflies together.
STEP 8 – FOLD
Take a butterfly and fold it.
STEP 9 – GLUE
Apply glue on one side of the folding.
STEP 10 – ATTACH
Fold the other butterflies and attach it with the first one.
STEP 11 – ATTACH
Similarly attach all the butterflies together.
STEP 12 – PRESS
Press them together to make sure they stick properly.
STEP 13 – UNFOLD
When unfold it, it’ll look like the butterflies are attached together.
STEP 14 – CARD
Take the black card and fold it in half.
STEP 15 – BUTTERFLIES
Fold the butterflies and apply glue on one side.
STEP 16 – STICK
Stick the glued end on one side of the card.
STEP 17 – GLUE
Now glue the other end of the butterfly.
STEP 18 – STICK
Now carefully close the card on the glued side.
STEP 19 – PRESS
Press the card tightly, so that it sticks.
STEP 20 – OPEN
Once its dried, open the card.
STEP 21 – CARD
When the card id opened, it’ll look like a beautiful arrangement of butterflies.
STEP 22 – WRITE
Write the word ‘sister’ across the card. You can also add anything else ad well.
STEP 23 – BUTTERFLY
Take another cut-out of a butterfly in the same way.
STEP 24 – STICK
Stick the butterfly in the beginning of the card as it is.
STEP 25 – READY!
Your paper butterfly card for your sister is ready!
Your beautiful and colorful butterfly card is ready!. Your sister must be so thrilled to have received such a cute and personal card. She would consider herself to be very lucky to have a sibling like you. This is a very simple, yet beautiful way to create a butterfly card. Try it out now!
Fun facts about butterflies:
- Butterflies range in size from as tiny as 1/8 inch to almost 12 inches.
- Butterflies can see red, green, and yellow.
- Some people predict the cold winter by noticing when the black bands of a Woolybear caterpillar are wide.
- Butterflies can fly up to 12 miles an hour.
- Butterflies cannot fly if their body temperature is less than 86 degrees.
- Antarctica is the only continent without butterflies.
- The Brimstone butterfly has the longest adult lifespan – 9-10 months.
- There are about 20,000 species of butterflies.
- Butterflies use their feet to taste.
- Butterflies have a liquid diet.