Symmetry is the form where you can notice a mirror replica of any pattern when you draw a line called ‘the line of symmetry’ across it. Also, to try doing multiple pattern systems using just one cutout is easier as well as a beautiful piece of art. Just like that, we bring to you a tutorial on how to cut a circle of paper hearts in a step-by-step manner. Let us begin!
How to cut a circle of paper hearts
You’ll be requiring:
- A craft paper
- A pair of scissors
1. Fold the craft paper twice such that it is divided into four equal parts.
2. Now fold it on the crease in half.
3. Continue by folding it further in half.
4. You get 1/4th smaller square than the original.
5. Bring one of the corners to its opposite corner.
6. Fold it neatly and then make a crease. The shape is that of a triangle.
7. Fold the corner backwards and let its edge meet the bottom-most side of the triangle.
8. Do the same on the other side as well.
9. Draw half the shape of a heart. Draw a bigger one over it such it touches the outer edge.
10. Remove the inner part of the smaller circle using a pair of scissors.
11. Now cut the excess part which is below the outer heart.
12. In the same way, remove the excess portion above the outer heart.
13. You are left with the cutout of a semi-heart folded multiple times.
14. Open the folds.
125. You’ll see the hearts repeating in a similar fashion creating a 360 degrees symmetrical structure.
You are done with the preparation of a circle with multiple hearts! The beautiful structure is a beauty of sorts. This will not only enhance the creativity of anything you use it in but will also give a keen interest and insightful knowledge about the theory of symmetry. The circular hearts can even be used as a cam. Diwali is already knocking on doors and you can use it as a cam for drawing beautiful paintings and rangolis. Nevertheless, when used with glossy sheets, you can even form colourful items for decoration purposes.
- The heart shape has, since long, been a symbol of love and affection.
- Symmetry is a very important compositional quality in the field of drawing.
- Such kinds of arts require the least vividness since the repeating figures also instill a calming effect on the mind of the watchers.
- One very popular notion connected to such designs being used in rangolis is due to the symmetrical yin and yang of the swastika.