Symmetry is the form where you can notice a mirror replica of any pattern when you draw a line called ‘the line of symmetry’ across it. Also, to try doing multiple pattern systems using just one cutout is easier as well as a beautiful piece of art. Just like that, we bring to you a tutorial on how to cut a circle of paper hearts in a step-by-step manner. Let us begin!
How to cut a circle of paper hearts
You’ll be requiring:
- A craft paper
- A pair of scissors
1. Fold the craft paper twice such that it is divided into four equal parts.
2. Now fold it on the crease in half.
3. Continue by folding it further in half.
4. You get 1/4th smaller square than the original.
5. Bring one of the corners to its opposite corner.
6. Fold it neatly and then make a crease. The shape is that of a triangle.
7. Fold the corner backwards and let its edge meet the bottom-most side of the triangle.
8. Do the same on the other side as well.
9. Draw half the shape of a heart. Draw a bigger one over it such it touches the outer edge.
10. Remove the inner part of the smaller circle using a pair of scissors.
11. Now cut the excess part which is below the outer heart.
12. In the same way, remove the excess portion above the outer heart.
13. You are left with the cutout of a semi-heart folded multiple times.
14. Open the folds.
125. You’ll see the hearts repeating in a similar fashion creating a 360 degrees symmetrical structure.
You are done with the preparation of a circle with multiple hearts! The beautiful structure is a beauty of sorts. This will not only enhance the creativity of anything you use it in but will also give a keen interest and insightful knowledge about the theory of symmetry. The circular hearts can even be used as a cam. Diwali is already knocking on doors and you can use it as a cam for drawing beautiful paintings and rangolis. Nevertheless, when used with glossy sheets, you can even form colourful items for decoration purposes.
- The heart shape has, since long, been a symbol of love and affection.
- Symmetry is a very important compositional quality in the field of drawing.
- Such kinds of arts require the least vividness since the repeating figures also instill a calming effect on the mind of the watchers.
- One very popular notion connected to such designs being used in rangolis is due to the symmetrical yin and yang of the swastika.
How do you cut a circle out of paper hearts?
To cut a circle out of paper hearts, you will need a heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place the cookie cutter on the paper and trace around it with a pencil. Cut out the circle with a pair of scissors.
How do you make a paper heart step by step?
To make a paper heart, start by folding a sheet of paper in half lengthwise. Then, fold the paper in half again, and cut along the fold lines to create 4 equal quarters. Next, take 2 of the quarters and fold them in half again, making sure the folded edge is at the top. Now, cut along the fold lines to create 2 halves, and then cut each half into a heart shape. Finally, unfold the hearts and tape them together at the points to create a 3D paper heart.
How do you make a paper chain of hearts?
To make a paper chain of hearts, you will need:
- Cut your paper into strips, about 1-2 inches wide.
- Fold the strip in half, and glue the two ends together.
- Repeat step 2 until you have used up all your strips.
- Once all your strips are glued together, start forming them into a chain by looping each strip through the previous one.
- Once your chain is complete, decorate it with hearts, glitter, or anything else you like!
How do you fold a heart out of paper strips?
To fold a heart out of paper strips, start by folding a strip of paper in half lengthwise. Then, fold the strip in half again, and fold the ends in towards the center so that they meet in the middle. Next, fold the strip in half again, and fold the top and bottom edges in towards the center so that they meet in the middle. Finally, fold the strip in half one last time, and tuck the ends in towards the center to form the heart shape.
How do you make a paper heart step by step?
To make a paper heart, start by folding a piece of paper in half lengthwise. Then, fold the paper in half again, and cut along the fold lines to create 4 equal-sized pieces. Next, take 2 of the pieces and fold them in half, then fold them in half again. Cut along the fold lines to create 8 equal-sized pieces. Repeat this step with the remaining 2 pieces of paper. Now, take 1 piece of paper and fold it in half, then fold it in half again. Cut along the fold lines to create 16 equal-sized pieces. Finally, take 2 pieces of paper and fold them in half, then fold them in half again. Cut along the fold lines to create 32 equal-sized pieces.
How do you cut a 3d heart?
There are a few ways to cut a 3d heart shape out of paper or other materials. One way is to use a heart-shaped cookie cutter as a template. Another way is to draw a heart shape on a piece of paper and then cut it out with scissors.
How do you cut shapes in paper?
There are a few different ways to cut shapes in paper. One way is to use a template or stencil. Place the template or stencil on the paper and trace around the edge with a pencil. Then, use a sharp knife or scissors to cut along the pencil line. Another way is to freehand the shape. Draw the shape on the paper with a pencil, then use a sharp knife or scissors to cut along the pencil line. You can also use a punch to create shapes in paper. Place the punch on the paper and press down to create a hole.
More Articles from Kids Art & Craft
- How to make newspaper wall hanging with flower vase (Tutorial)
- Wall Decorator DIY-Newspaper Dolls
- Interesting and Easy Paper Card Ideas for Kids
- 10+ Ways to Make 6 Pointed Paper Snowflakes
- 25 Paper Plate Christmas Crafts for Kids