DIY and Crafts
How to Make A DIY Halloween Craft – Flying Bat
Halloween is almost here! You must have planned a scary party and family get-together. You must have wanted to decorate your house with some fun and scary stuff. You have come to the right place! Today you’re going to make a DIY Halloween bat. Kids will love them. It will be made of paper, so it’s going to be so easy and fun! So without any words let’s make it!
How to Make A DIY Halloween Craft – Flying Bat
- Two purple colour papers of any size.( Depends on how big you want to make the bat)
- Two black colour papers on any size.( Depends on how big you want to make the bat)
- Pink colour paper.
- Black colour paper.
- A glue stick
- Take a purple colour paper, fold it like a triangle shape, if you pick a square or rectangular shape paper then after folding it into half like a triangle cut out the rest parts.
- Fold the paper arrow-like shape over and under for making fold lines.
- After folding all the paper it should look like a narrow arrow.
- Open the paper and a bat wing will be in front of your eyes.
- Take the other purple colour paper and follow these steps for this page as well to make another wing of the bat.
- Take a black colour paper, make long length and small breadth. It should look like a rectangular shape. Follow the shape on the reference video if you have any confusion.
- Fold the bottom of the rectangular shape a little narrowly by making a straight fold.
- Take the two wings you made previously, attach the wings on the middle sides of the rectangular page with a glue stick.
- Attach the wings by placing them triangle one over another in a criss-crossing way.
- Take another black colour page, make long length and small breadth. It should look like a rectangular shape. Follow the shape on the reference video if you have any confusion.
- Fold the bottom of the rectangular shape a little narrowly by making a straight fold like the previous black page.
- Take this page and attach on the wings attached page.
- The top of the page should be attached planely and attach the bottom by glueing the narrow straight fold one over another.
- Attach the sides of the bat as well with the glue stick.
- Take a black colour page and draw two bat ears, cut them out with scissors and attach them on the top of the bat with glue.
- Take two colour strips, the same colour as the bat’s wings.
- Make two rings with the strips by rolling them roundly.
- Pertain glue at the end of the rings to secure them.
- Attach the rings in between the folds of each wing with the glue stick.
- Put your fingers on the wings and fly the bat.
- Turn over the bat, take a colour paper and cut out two small ears of the bat smaller than the attached ears.
- Attach the ears over the black ears.
- Take a paper and draw bats cute round eyes with black eyeballs.
- Cut out the drawings and attach them on the bat’s face with glue.
- Take colour paper and also make a round nose and cut it and then attach it under the eyes with glue.
- Make two white teeth and the mouth of the bat on a page, cut it out and attach them on the bat’s face.
- Your Halloween bat will be ready!
P.S- Here some action mentioned which is not mention in the reference video. So, you can follow this steps for your help!
Look how cool it is! This bat will shine on your Halloween party. As you can see this process is easy for any aged person to make it. It requires less materials and effort. Without buying anything you must use your creativity and bring life to your party. So Why are you wasting your time, hurry up and make a beautiful paper decor!
FAQ’s on How to Make A DIY Halloween Craft – Flying Bat
1. What materials do I need to make a DIY Halloween craft – Flying Bat?
You will need black cardstock paper, googly eyes, a hot glue gun, scissors, and string.
2. How long does it take to make a Flying Bat?
It should take around 20 minutes to assemble the Flying Bat.
3. What steps do I need to follow to make a Flying Bat?
Step 1: Cut the black cardstock paper into a bat shape.
Step 2: Glue googly eyes onto the bat.
Step 3: Cut two small holes on each side of the bat and thread a piece of string through.
Step 4: Tie the strings together in a knot and hang your flying bat.
4. What type of glue should I use to attach the googly eyes?
We recommend using a hot glue gun for the best results.
5. Can I make the Flying Bat with any type of paper?
Yes, you can use any type of black paper you prefer, such as construction paper.
6. Is it easy to make a Flying Bat?
Yes, making a Flying Bat is a relatively easy craft project.
7. Do I need any crafting tools to make a Flying Bat?
Yes, you will need scissors and a hot glue gun to complete the project.
8. What size should I make the Flying Bat?
The size of the bat is up to you, but we recommend making it around 8 inches wide and 10 inches tall.
9. Do I need any special skills to make a Flying Bat?
No, all you need are basic crafting skills.
10. Can I make a Flying Bat with my children?
Yes, this is a great project to do with your children.
- 27 Parenting Hacks that you will make your life easier with your kids
- Rat Crafts & Activities for Kids
- Recycled Button Craft Ideas for Kids
- Bubble Wrap Crafts & Activities for Easter
- No-Sew Crafts With Fabric Scraps