We are surrounded by different objects all around us. These objects are distinguished by their properties such as their color, size, or shapes. From the circular sun to a square painting shapes are everywhere. Learning about shapes helps children identify and organize visual information. It also helps them to learn skills in areas such as reading math and science. It is their knowledge of shapes that helps them differentiate between a ball and an ice cube or any other thing for that matter.
Shapes Flashcards For Kids
We bring the flashcard sheets to teach young kids about shapes. By using these you would be able to help them identify different shapes. Identifying different shapes has its use in geometry too. It is essential that the kids not only know to differentiate them by their appearance but know the properties that make two shapes different too.
The flashcards contain eight basic shapes. Teach your student or kids about their properties and them use these flashcards to test if they can identify the correct ones. You can always ask them to state what makes two shapes different from each other; what makes a circle different from a square or so on.
- A triangle is a shape – more precisely it is a polygon, with three edges and three vertices. Any three points when non-collinear determine a triangle. A pizza slice is a triangle in shape.
- A square shape is a regular quadrilateral. It has four equal sides and four equal angles. A piece of brown bread is a square.
- A diamond is a rhombus. It resembles the projection of an octahedral diamond. The diamond suit in a deck of cards is diamond in shape.
- A star shape is a polygon. It is a convex polygon that coincides with its own kernel.
- A circle is a shape consisting of all points in a place that is at a given distance from a given point- the center. The distance between any point of the circle and the center is called the radius. A cricket ball is a circle in shape.
- An oval is a closed curve in a plane. An egg is oval in shape.
- The heart shape is a scalloped shape. It is an ideograph used to express the idea of the heart in its symbolic sense.
- A rectangle is a shape that has four sides and four right angles. A currency note is rectangular in shape.
Shapes Flashcards For Kids- 1
Flashcards are incredibly effective study tools. These can be used to maximize learning. Use our colorful shapes flashcard sheets to teach your students about the different shapes. Download the flashcards and browse our website for more flashcards and worksheets.