Did you know that over 72% of the earth’s surface is covered by water? It comes as no surprise that oceans are home to several species of animals. We bring to you these flashcards for helping you teach your students about some of the several aquatic species in the world. These flashcards are hand-drawn and curated with extreme attention to detail to introduce some of the most intriguing sea creatures to young children.
Sea Animal Flashcards
- Dolphin – Dolphins are small toothed aquatic animals recognizable by their curved mouths. Most dolphins are marine and can be found in oceans along coastlines.
- Goldfish – Goldfish are ornamental fish found almost in each aquarium. These are famous for their golden color and are regarded as a symbol of luck and fortune.
- Shark – Sharks are large fishes characterized by a cartilaginous skeleton, gills on each side of their head, and pectoral fins.
- Angelfish – These are some of the most commonly kept freshwater aquarium fish. Angelfish is native to a large area of tropical South America.
- Tortoise – Tortoise are reptiles similar to turtles but they are distinguished from other turtles as these are exclusively land-dwelling while others are at least partly aquatic.
- Clownfish – Clownfish is another popular aquarium fish made famous by the Disney movie ‘Finding Nemo.’ These are bright orange in color with three distinctive white bars on their body.
- Jellyfish – Jellyfishes are free-swimming marine animals with umbrella-shaped bells and trailing tentacles. These have no brain.
- Seahorse – Seahorses are native to saltwater environments from the tropics to temperate zones. These get their names from their horse-like heads.
- Orca – Orca or killer whales are whales known for their high intelligence, physical power, and cooperative hunting techniques.
- Stingray – Stingrays are cartilaginous fish related to sharks. Noted for their long sharp spines on their tails these are flat-bodied fish.
- Whale – Whales are a diverse group of fully aquatic placental marine mammals. The blue whale is the largest living mammal known to humans.
- Seal – Seals are carnivorous marine animals found chiefly in cold regions. These have limbs modified into webbed flippers to help them swim.
- Eel – These are ray-finned fish found on the eastern coast of North America characterized by their wormlike bodies.
- Squid – Squids are invertebrate animals that live in deep water. Squids have three hearts.
- Narwhal – The Narwhal is a medium-sized toothed whale that has a large tusk. It is found year-round in the Arctic waters around Greenland.
- Surgeonfish – Surgeonfishes are deep-bodied, brightly colored tropical marine fish characterized by a scalpel-like spine on each side of their tail.
Sea Animal Flashcards- 1
Sea Animal Flashcards- 2
Download the flashcards and get started now. For more flashcards, visit our website.
- Animal Alphabet Flashcards- Free Printable Worksheet
- Animal Character Flashcards For Kids- Free Printable
- Animal Flashcards for Kindergarten – Free Printable
- Animal Sounds Flashcards – Download FREE Printable
- Animals Flashcards For Preschoolers- Free Printable Worksheet