In this huge world that we live in, we humans aren’t the only creatures that populate it. There is a huge variety of plants and several other creatures that makes it the place it is. Animals are one of those creatures. They play a unique role in maintaining the balance of nature. Animals are important to human lives and the world. They offer us food items, clothes and many more.
Several animal species exist on both land and water. In biology, animals are divided into groups based on their features. There are several types of animals. Amphibians are animals that can live on both land and water. Reptiles are animals with scales on their bodies. Birds have wings and a body covered with feathers and mammals are animals that give birth to their offspring in the womb and have mammary glands.
Animals Flashcards For Preschoolers
The flashcard sheets consist of 16 animals. It can be used to teach kids about the different species of animals or you can use it to teach children about the different types of animals.
- Fish – Fishes are amphibians. These live underwater and have gills that help them breathe.
- Bird – The forelimbs of birds evolve into wings which helps them fly. Although almost all birds have wings not all birds can fly.
- Flamingo – Flamingos are omnivorous birds known for their long legs and pink color. An interesting fact about flamingos is that they aren’t born with the pink color.
- Hamster – Hamsters belong to the species of rodents. They have a short body with small fluffy ears and wide feet.
- Turtle- Turtles are reptiles with hard shells. Their bodies are enclosed in the shell to protect them from predators.
- Deer- Deers are grazing mammals with bony antlers. Their antlers make them vulnerable to hunters and thus deers are one of the several endangered species.
- Elephants- Elephants are the largest mammals to roam on land. They have distinctly long teeth or tusks and long noses or tusks.
- Rabbits- Rabbits are fluffy small mammals. They live in burrows. Male rabbits are called bucks while female rabbits are called does.
- Chick- Chick or Chickens are domestic chickens. Generally, the term ‘chick’ is used to refer to a newly hatched chicken but it can also use to refer to the young of any bird.
- Butterfly- The butterfly is one of the most beautiful and mesmerizing creatures. These are colorful and vibrant insects with wings that are covered with scales that reflect lights of different colors.
- Owl- Owls are nocturnal birds with flexible necks that can rotate 270 degrees. A group of owls is called a parliament.
- Dog- A dog is one of the most desired animals as a pet. It is known for its loyalty and is often considered as man’s best friend.
- Bee- Bees are busy creatures. These are insects with wings. The most commonly known bees are honey bees who collect nectars from flowers and produce honey.
- Yak – Yaks are large domesticated wild ox with humped shoulders and large horns.
- Chameleon- Chameleons are fascinating creatures known for their color-shifting ability. It can change the colors of their skin to match the color of the environment.
- Hedgehog- Hedgehogs are mammals with a coat of stiff sharp spines. If attacked they curl into a prickly ball to protect themselves.
Animals Flashcards For Preschoolers- 1
Animals Flashcards For Preschoolers- 2
The animal kingdom is large and beautiful. It is estimated that among the 8.7 million species in the world, 1-2 Million are animals. Use these flashcards to introduce young children to the beautiful and fascinating world of animals. Browse our website for more such flashcards.
- Alphabet Flashcards For Toddlers- Free Printable
- Animal Alphabet Flashcards- Free Printable Worksheet
- Animal Character Flashcards For Kids- Free Printable
- Animal Flashcards for Kindergarten – Free Printable
- Animal Sounds Flashcards – Download FREE Printable