If you have older kids who are heading back to school and leaving their younger siblings behind, they’ll be some adjusting to do at first! You can help keep your younger children busy by trying these 11 things to do together when kids go back to school.
1. Learn about Symmetry with Mirrors & Tessellating Block Play
Basic blocks take on a whole new dimension when you play on a mirror! Tutorial via: bloglovin
2. Fine motor weaving busy bag
This colorful weaving activity is lots of fun- and helps your child practice their fine motor skills! Tutorial via: coffeecupsandcrayons
3. Jump! with Paper Plates
This game is so simple- all you need is paper plates and your imagination! Tutorial via: handsonaswegrow
4. Back to School Snack Ideas
Celebrate the older siblings’ return to school with these adorable back to school snacks! Tutorial via: creativekidsnacks
5. BUTTON CRAFT: Make a button bracelet
Why not try making some DIY jewelry together? You could even make coordinating pieces for each of you! Tutorial via: kidsactivitiesblog
6. Toddler/ Preschool Color Treasure Hunt Get up and get moving!
This fun activity comes in two parts- first a color scavenger hunt and then a colorful collage to hang on the wall! Tutorial via: tipsfromatypicalmomblog
7. FROZEN Kids Craft Activities & Tutorial
FROZEN Silly Putty crafts ideas are kids special. Tutorial via: k4craft.com
8. FABRIC ROADS FOR CARS & TRUCKS
Don’t throw away those old jeans! Turn them into roads for your child’s toy cars! Tutorial via: teachbesideme
9. Building Our Own Tire Climber…
Wow- you can make your own backyard climber with a couple of old tires and some paint! Tutorial via: mysmallpotatoes
10. Milk Science Experiment – fun for young kids too
Even if your little ones aren’t in school yet, they can still do a fun science experiment! They’ll love watching the swirls form on the top of the milk! Tutorial via: frogsandsnailsandpuppydogtail
11. Finger Painting for Toddlers to Make Tape Resist Art
You’ve probably tried finger paint before, but have you tried finger paint you can eat?! Tutorial via: handsonaswegrow
Hope you like these things to do kids activities.