These indoor activities are super easy to make. You will not need a lot of time in preparing these. These games are super interesting and your kids will learn a lot of things by playing these. For making these you will not need a lot of supplies and it’s very simple to make. There are 10 activities you should try and help your kids in knowing these. Down below are the steps given, how to make these easy indoor games for your kids. So do follow the steps and play with your kids and guide them and let them know some new things.
Fun Indoor Games & Activities for Preschoolers
Activity 1: Matching game
- Take a cardboard and a piece of paper.
- Now draw 5 circles and draw a line in the middle.
- Take the colors and color them.
- Now take 5 bottles and cut the top part of them.
- Take the caps and draw a circle on the paper and paste it on the top of the cap.
- Now color it as before and let your kid find the matching pair of the colors and place it on the top of the bottle.
Activity 2: Number game
- Take a thermaocol board and put 4 sticks in.
- Now take a thick straw and cut them into small pieces.
- Take a paper and marker and write down the numbers on it and place it in front of the sticks.
- Now according to the numbers put the straws inside the stick.
Activity 3: Memory game
- Take some paper and cut out square shapes.
- Now take a pen and draw a few similar shapes and drawings.
- Take the colors and color them.
- Now put papers backside, and help your kids in finding the matches.
Activity 4: Matching shapes and colors
- Take a cardboard and draw lines and make boxes.
- Now take a paper and cut out 20 circles and 5 squares.
- Take 5 circles and draw the same design, again take 5 circles and make another design.
- Do this with the other circles and color them as shown.
- Take the squares and color them and put them on top of the cardboard.
- Now as per the colors and shapes put the circles accordingly in the box.
Activity 5: Match the shapes
- Icecream Sticks
- Take 3 bottles and cut them in half.
- Now take a paper and wrap the bottles.
- Take a marker and draw a plus sign all over the paper wrapped in the bottle.
- Then draw dots on the other one and then curvy lines on the third bottle.
- Take the ice cream sticks and draw plus signs, dots, and curvy lines on them.
- Now let your kid put them in the correct bottle according to the patterns.
Activity 6: Matching colors
- transparent color papers
- Take a paper and draw 5 balloons at the top and write 1-5 inside it.
- Now take the transparent color papers and cut out circle shapes and place them inside the balloons.
- Take the pen and draw balloons all over the paper and write down the number inside it.
- Now cut out circles from the transparent color papers and guide your kids in putting the right color on the number.
Activity 7: Puzzle
- Ice cream sticks
- Take a paper and cut out a few circles.
- Now with the help of the colors color them and then cut the circles from the middle.
- Take the ice cream sticks and paste 3 half circles on one side and repeat the same with the other sticks.
- Now paste the same colors on the other side of the sticks and help your kids in matching the colors and solving the puzzle.
Activity 8: Puzzle
- Take a paper and draw a few shapes with a marker as in the video.
- Now take a cardboard and cut out the same shapes as drawn in the paper.
- Take the shapes and assemble them and give them to your kids and let them solve them.
Activity 9: Match the colors
- ice cream sticks
- Take a paper and draw 7 ice cream stick shapes.
- Now take different color papers and cut out small circles.
- Take the circles and paste 3 on each stick.
- Take the ice cream sticks and paste 3 circles on each stick as before and in the same sequence.
- Now let your kids put the sticks in the right colors.
Activity 10: Matching colors
- transparent color papers
- Take a paper and draw 4 circles on the top and draw 4 arrows (north, south, east, west) inside it.
- Now take the transparent color papers and cut out circle shapes.
- Take a pen and draw circles all over the paper.
- Now draw the arrows inside the circles.
- According to the above colors and shapes let your kids put the right color on the arrows.
That’s it! your indoor games and activities for preschoolers are all set to play. These games are super fun to play and very easy to make. These games will help your kids in learning new things and enhance their knowledge. Try these simple and attractive indoor games with your kids and engage them in learning by playing.
FAQ’s on Fun Indoor Games and Activities for Preschoolers
1. What are some fun indoor games and activities for preschoolers?
Answer: There are many fun indoor games and activities for preschoolers that can help them stay active and engaged. Some of these include: building a fort with pillows and blankets, playing hide and seek, making a treasure hunt with clues to find a hidden treat, playing a game of “Simon Says”, doing an obstacle course with pillows, blankets and chairs, creating a fun puppet show, having a dance party, making a pretend restaurant, playing musical chairs, and having an indoor picnic.
2. What are some ways to make indoor activities educational?
Answer: There are many ways to make indoor activities educational for preschoolers. Some ideas include: having them practice counting and sorting with toys, playing a game of “I Spy” to work on identifying colors and objects, making a storybook with pictures they’ve drawn, playing a memory game to practice recognizing shapes and patterns, doing a scavenger hunt to practice reading skills, playing a game of “Guess the Sound” to practice listening skills, and doing a pretend grocery store to practice math skills.
3. What types of activities are best for indoor play?
Answer: The best types of activities for indoor play with preschoolers are ones that encourage imagination and exploration. Examples include: playing dress-up, setting up a pretend store or restaurant, painting with watercolors or finger paints, playing with building blocks or LEGO, making a homemade playdough, pretending to be a pirate or knight, having a tea party, creating art projects with recycled materials, and playing with puppets and dolls.
4. How can I keep my preschooler entertained indoors?
Answer: There are many ways to keep your preschooler entertained indoors. Some ideas include: setting up an indoor obstacle course, playing an active game of tag, making a fort with pillows and blankets, doing a treasure hunt with clues to find a hidden treat, creating a puppet show, playing “Simon Says”, having a dance party, doing an indoor picnic, and playing a game of “I Spy”.
5. What can I do to keep my preschooler active indoors?
Answer: Keeping your preschooler active indoors can be a challenge, but there are many ways to do it. Some ideas include: setting up an indoor obstacle course, playing an active game of tag, having a dance party, playing “Simon Says”, doing an indoor picnic, making a treasure hunt with clues to find a hidden treat, doing a pretend grocery store, and playing a game of
- Easy Kids Crafts and Activities – Step by step (Tutorials)
- 10+ Pi Day activities and Facts (You Need To Know)
- 15+ Easy Independence Day Activities for Kids
- Christmas Light Crafts And Activities For Kids
- Fun things to do on Independence Day – Kids Activities