Hello readers! There must be very rare people whose favorite bird is Owl. Owls are a very rare kind of bird. If you see you can’t always see them. This night bird is very fascinating to many kids. Kids love making owls as they kind of represent their laziness. Jokes apart! Nowadays children are very creative and sensitive in case of showing their talents. They can be very interested in making an owl. So, let’s get a hold of your stationery and give life to an owl.
How to Make a Paper Owl
- Two brown colour paper circles of 21*21c.m and 80 gmS.
- A green colour paper circles of 21*21c.m and 80 gmS.
- Two orange colour paper strips.
- Two eye buttons.
- A white paper.
- A glue stick.
- Take a colour round shape paper, length of 21*21c.m and 80 gmS.
- Cut the left of the round paper roundly as the reference video with scissors.
- Then take the cut piece and make the same at the other right side as well.
- Take two cut pieces and put them together and make parallel cut lines in the bottom round with scissors. To understand the lines better take a look at the reference video.
- Put the all cut pieces samely as the first on your desk. The two sides of the circle must look like wings.
- Cut the middle part’s bottom by making parallel lines. Leave little space between the cut lines.
- Take another colour round shape paper, length of 21*21c.m and 80 gmS.
- Grab a black marker and draw birds feathers waves in it parallely from top to bottom. Leave space between the waves.
- Take the previous cut pieces, attach the wings sides on the circle’s left-right side with a glue stick.
- Turn over the circle and attach the previous middle cut pieces in the middle of it.
- Remember the bottom cut lines area should be seen from the front of the circle like an owl’s tail.
- Your owl’s body will be ready.
- Take a circle as the same colour of the first circle, length of 21*21c.m and 80 gmS.
- Apply some glue on the top of the owl’s body and attach this circle. It will be the owl’s face.
- The whole owl will be ready.
- Take a white paper, draw to circles of the same size and cut them out with scissors.
- Take two eye buttons and attach them on each paper circle with a glue stick.
- Cut the button attached paper circles by making parallel lines all over the edges of them with scissors.
- The lines should be placed from the edge of the eye buttons.
- Attach the circles on the middle of the owl’s face with the glue stick.
- Take an orange colour long, rectangular and wide paper strip and fold it into half.
- Make a triangle from the bottom of the folded strip with scissors. A two layer triangle will be ready.
- Grab a glue stick and attach the triangle conversely under the eyes of the owl’s face.
- Don’t attach the layers.
- Take an orange colour long, rectangular and wide paper strip smaller than the previous, and fold it into half.
- Make a triangle from the top of the folded strip with scissors. A two triangles will be ready.
- Attach the two triangles under the sides of the owl’s body.
- Cut the upper part of the owl’s head roundly like the reference video with scissors.
- Your cute paper owl will be ready!
Your owl is ready for a flight! This process does not need many materials, it is very easy to do. Hang them with a yarn on your room’s wall that will look good. You just only have to understand the folds and turns of it. It will make children more concentrated and they will have fun for sure! So hurry up get your stuff and enjoy your own cute owl.
FAQs on How to Make a Paper Owl
1. What materials do I need to make a paper owl?
Answer: You will need a sheet of paper, a pair of scissors, glue, and coloring supplies such as markers or colored pencils.
2. What are the steps for making a paper owl?
Answer: The steps for making a paper owl include folding the paper in half, cutting out the shape of the owl, gluing the pieces together, and finally coloring the owl.
3. What is the best paper to use for making a paper owl?
Answer: Cardstock is the best paper to use for making a paper owl because it is sturdy and will hold its shape better than regular printer paper.
4. How long does it take to make a paper owl?
Answer: It will typically take between 15 and 30 minutes to make a paper owl, depending on the level of detail and complexity desired.
5. How can I make my paper owl more realistic?
Answer: To make a paper owl more realistic, you can add details such as feathers, wings, eyes, and beaks. You can also use different types of paper for the wings and for the owl’s body to make it more realistic.
6. What type of glue should I use?
Answer: A glue stick is the best type of glue to use when making a paper owl.
7. What other decorations can I add to my paper owl?
Answer: You can add decorations such as sequins, ribbon, buttons, or other small items to your paper owl to make it more unique.
8. How big should I make my paper owl?
Answer: The size of your paper owl will depend on how you plan to use it. If you are using it as a decoration, it can be any size. If you are using it to play with, make sure it is large enough to pick up easily.
9. How can I make my paper owl last longer?
Answer: To make your paper owl last longer, use a strong adhesive such as hot glue or a glue gun. You can also apply a coat of clear acrylic sealer to protect the colors from fading.
10. What else can I make out of paper?
Answer: You can make a variety of things out of paper, such as origami animals, 3D paper sculptures, paper airplanes, and paper masks.
- DIY Art with Paper Circles – Craft Ideas for Kids
- Simple Paper Strip Craft Ideas for Kids
- How to Make a Paper Giraffe
- How to Make Paper Aquarium Fish Step by Step Instructions Easy Tutorial
- How to Make a Paper Dog