Onomatopoeia Flashcards For Kids- Free Printable
Flashcards are cards bearing information used as an aid in memorization. These are used to test someone’s memory and to increase their capacity to memorize things. Thus, flashcards are widely used for educational purposes. We bring to you flashcards for onomatopoeia.
Onomatopoeia refers to the process of creating a word that resembles the sound that it describes. In other words, it is the formation of a word from a sound associated with what is named. This has its use in literature and is often used a lot in manga, comics, or animated series to emphasize power or more.
Onomatopoeia Flashcards For Kids
The flashcards have several onomatopoeia written on them. Use these to teach kids how they are used.
- AARGH is generally used to mimic the emotion of aggression or pain.
- BOIGN imitates the sound of something bouncing from a surface. POW is an onomatopoeia used to imply that something is being punched.
- SNAP, as the word suggests is used to imply snapping.
- BOOM mimics explosions.
- ZAP is generally associated with thunder and lightning. It is the sound used to mimic the sound made by light when it hits something.
Onomatopoeia Flashcards For Kids- 1
- OOPS implies a mistake.
- CRASH mimics the sound made if things crash with each other.
- ZZZ implies someone is sleeping.
- HMM refers to the sound one makes while thinking.
- BEEP mimics the beeping sound.
Onomatopoeia Flashcards For Kids- 2
- TING can either mean a tingling sensation or a sound.
- SMACK is used to imply the sound made while smacking something.
- CRACK is the sound made if something breaks.
- KABOOM mimics an explosion.
- SPLASH is used to imply an object entering the water with force.
- BANG is generally used to mimic the sound of an impact.
Onomatopoeia Flashcards For Kids- 3
Onomatopoeia Flashcards For Kids- 4
Onomatopoeia Flashcards For Kids- 5
Onomatopoeia Flashcards For Kids- 6
Onomatopoeia are powerful literary devices that help increase certain effects in common literature. The force of an explosion, the sound made when things collide are some of these effects. These appeal to the sense of hearing and are generally used to bring a story to life. Use our flashcards to teach some onomatopoeia to kids. Download now!
- Australian Themed Flashcards For Preschoolers- Free Printable
- Brain Break Activity Flashcards – Free Printables
- Brain Break Questions Flashcards – Free Printables
- Calm Down Strategy Free Printable Flashcards
- Character Card Prompt Flashcards – Free Printables