One’s mouth starts watering at the thought of crunching on a plush red strawberry, isn’t it? Who can deny the juicy fruit decorated on a plate and presented in front of you? It’s not very pleasant to wait for the summers to please our eyes, I’m sure. So how about satisfying our cravings for a bit by creating a super easy and cute strawberry using colourful paper! Let’s get on the rails of how to make paper strawberries step by step instructions with an easy tutorial.
How to Make Paper Strawberry
- Re and green sheets
- Pair of scissors
- Black marker
- Googly eyes
Take a rectangular sheet of red craft paper and crease it to half. You can use an A1 size to increase its dimensions.
Fold the sheet on the crease and press. Make sure the halves are equal.
Now make a heart shape on the sheet, keeping in mind not to draw corners on the edge so that it doesn’t separate.
Cut the shape using a pair of scissors.
You’ll get two connected flaps shaped like hearts.
Open it to see two exactly same shapes.
Now take a green sheet and draw pedicel and sepal(leaves) of the strawberry.
Make a cutout of the shape.
Paste the same on the front top portion of the heart.
Take a set of googly eyes and paste them to the paper strawberry.
Give your art a tint of cuteness by drawing a little smiley curve on its face.
Add details by drawing its eyelashes.
Your strawberry is incomplete without its tiny seeds popping out. Give this look by drawing dots all over the heart.
Flip the sheet open.
Write a cute message as you wish on the blank portion.
Your paper strawberry is ready!!
Interesting Facts About Strawberries
- Strawberries are the first of all fruits that ripen in every season.
- There are 200 seeds on an average strawberry, 200! That means you can grow 200 different plants from a single strawberry!
- Despite their name, strawberries aren’t exactly berries—they’re accessory fruits(fleshy fruits that include other parts of a flower other than the ovary).
- The seeds can grow into new strawberry plants, but most instead reproduce through other processes, such as through runners.
- Americans consume an average of around 3.4 pounds of strawberries each year!
- California alone produces 75 per cent of strawberry crops in the US.
- Considered members of the rose family, strawberries smell really sweet since they grow in bushes, just like roses.
- Ancient Romans even believed that strawberries had medicinal properties.
- June bearing, over-bearing and day-neutral is the three types of strawberries which are known to us.
- There is even a museum in Belgium dedicated to strawberries, believe it!
Strawberry holds a lot of significance. It symbolizes Venus, the goddess of Love, because of its shape and red colour. Obviously enough, it is a great source of vitamin C and manganese and plays a vital role in controlling blood sugar levels. So watch out for this beautiful fruit next time you are in search of something refreshingly tasty and nutrient-rich.