DIY and Crafts
How to Make A DIY Paper Lion
Let’s make the best paper animal today! Why I call it best as It is called the king of the forest and powerful among all living creatures. You might guess it right! It’s the Lion King. Kids love lions for their strong and powerful nature. This favoritism partly depends on the popularity of Disney’s Lion King. All kids watch it. So they will love this process encourage them to make their own Simba and Mufasa. So, let’s get started with the process!
How to Make A DIY Paper Lion
- Three 20*20 c.m color page.
- Color marker pens or Pastel/watercolors.
- A black marker pen.
- Take a 20*20c.m color page, place it like a diamond shape on your desk. Fold it sidewise left to right like a triangle shape. Unfold it.
- Fold the paper up to down like a triangle shape. Unfold it.
- Follow the middle fold line and fold the upper edge of the paper like a converse triangle and the bottom edge like a triangle.
- Fold the bottom part under in a small triangle shape. Then fold the upper part of the page into a rectangle-like shape.
- Fold both sides of the page and put the left part under the right part.
- Fold each side down to up like an arrow-like triangle shape.
- Unfold the left side a little and fold the upper edge of it up to the fold line there like a converse triangle and put the triangle shape over it that you make previously and unfold a little.
- Follow the same to the right side as well.
- Turn the page, look there must be two ears shaped on the upper part of it. Fold then by making a converse triangle side-wise.
- There must be a triangle at the bottom of the page, fold its upper edge like a little converse triangle.
- This little converse triangle is supposed to be the lion’s nose, so put color on it with your marker and draw the straight line from the nose to the bottom of the page.
- Make cute round eyes on both sides of the nose with the black marker pen.
- Take a glue stick, attach both converse triangles you made previously on the edges of the page and the nose and the under part of the nose also.
- Draw the mouth area and ears of the lion with the black marker pen.
- Highlight the ears of the lion with colors or color marker pens. And the face of your lion will be ready!
- Take a 20*20 c.m. color paper, place it like a diamond shape on your desk. Fold it side-wise left to right like a triangle shape. Unfold it.
- Fold the paper up to down like a triangle shape.
- Look at the middle fold line and fold the right and left side of it up to down by making a converse triangle. Do an equivalent with the right side.
- Fold the middle-upper edge of the paper by making a converse triangle.
- Take the glue and apply glue to this upper converse triangle, take the face of the lion and put it under it, and attach. After that, the lion with his mane will be ready.
- Take a 20*20 c.m page, fold it side-wise like a rectangular shape and then fold it again samey. Unfold just the second fold.
- Fold it up to down by making a square shape then unfold it.
- Follow the middle line and fold the bottom part into the middle fold line. Use the same process upper part.
- Unfold the whole paper, fold the left side of it a little straighter. Then fold the upper part over and under one time.
- Fold the right part from the side to the left straight line by making a triangle shape.
- Fold the right corner edge down to up like a converse triangle. Then fold the upper part of it by rolling it one time like a triangle. Unfold it.
- Put fingers in it and make a square. then turn over it and fold the bottom part straightly a little.
- Turn it over and fold the two up and down corner edges of the right side small rectangular shape and also of the left bottom corner.
- It will be the body of your lion, highlight it and make the legs by using the color markers or colors.
- Take a glue stick and attach the face to its body and your lion will be done!
Roar! Roar! Your lion is ready to play! Use them to create your own origami animal collection. Decorate them in your room, shows them to your friends, parents, and teachers. They will love them. So, Get hold of your stationaries and make your own cute DIY paper lion.