How to Make Paper Reindeer – Step by Step Instructions
Reindeer truly are a fun crafting ideas during December, they are just right to get you into the Christmas mood.
Today in this craft tutorial we will be learning to make a cute reindeer; Children should be engaged in performing craft as this will enhance their co-curricular skills and will help to build concentration and will grade them up in their perfection and other creative skills.
How to Make Paper Reindeer – Step by Step Instructions
Let us get into making a creative craft which is to make a paper Reindeer, for performing this craft we will be requiring some basic stationery requirements:
- Orange color paper
- Brown color paper
- Black color paper
- White color paper
- Red color paper
- A pair of scissors
- A glue-stick
- A pencil
- A black marker
- A red marker
- A white marker
Step-1: Paper Selection
- Select a paper of any shade of orange according to your preference.
- Select the size of the sheet according to the size of the reindeer which you want to make.
Step-2: Drawing The Structure
- Draw the facial structure of the reindeer as shown with the help of a pencil.
- Make sure that the structure drawn is symmetrical.
- Using a pair of scissors cut out the basic face shape along with the ear-shaped structures.
- Once you get the cutouts make sure that they are even, if not so use a pair of scissors to make them even.
- Make sure that the ear structures are equal and identical.
- Using brown color paper cut out two hand-shaped structures to use for the antlers
Step-5: The Sub-ear Structure
- Using the brown sheet of paper cut two smaller ear-like structures as done previously with the orange sheet.
Step-6: Assembling The Ear
- Paste the smaller brown ear cutout on the orange ear cutout using a glue stick.
- Make sure that you paste the structures maintaining the symmetry.
Step-7: Assembling The Face-I
- Paste the assembled ear on one side of the facial structure using a glue stick.
Step-8: Assembling The Face-II
- Paste the assembled ear on the other side of the facial structure using a glue stick.
Step-9: Working On The Eyes
- Take a white sheet of paper and cut it in an oval shape using a pair of scissors.
Step-10: The Black Portion Of The Eye
- Cut out two circular black balls and paste them inside the white oval-shaped cutout.
Step-11: The White Eye Ball
- Cut out two smaller circular white balls and paste them inside the black circular-shaped cutout.
Step-12: Pasting The Assembled Eye Structure
- Paste the assembled eye structure into the facial structure in the appropriate.
Step-13: Making The Eyebrows
- Draw a pair of eyebrows on the brown paper with the help of a pencil.
- Now cut it out using a pair of scissors.
- Followed by pasting them over the eyes using a glue stick.
Step-14: Designing The Nose
- Draw a big oval-shaped nose on a red sheet of paper using a pencil.
- Cut it out using a pair of scissors.
- Followed by pasting it using a glue stick.
Step-15: Drawing Blush
- Use a red watercolor pen to draw some blush in the cheek area of the reindeer.
Step-16: Drawing The Mouth
- With the help of a pencil draw a wide mouth of the reindeer.
- Outline the same with a black marker.
Step-17: Drawing The Nose Highlight
- Use a white marker to mark a highlighting point on the red nose.
Step-18: Visulaising The Ficial Structure
- Visualize the facial structure with all the facial attributes right in place.
Step-19: Securing The Pasting
- Examine the pasting and paste the parts properly if not done so.
Step-20: Pasting The Antlers
- Using a glue stick paste both the hand-shaped antlers behind the ears of the reindeer.
Step-21: Hold To Secure The Fold
- As the antlers are a bit bigger in size thus after gluing hold them in place for some time to secure the pasting.
The Paper Reindeer!!
Interesting Facts About Reindeer
- Reindeers are one of the most interesting polar animals residing in the cold ice caps.
- Reindeer comes from the family of deer and is a species of the same, the scientific name of this species of deer is Rangifer tarandus. These species are mostly found in the artic as well as Northern America part.
- Unlike the other species of deer in this specific one, both female and male species grow antlers. They use their antlers to remove snow and soil which helps them to search for food also they use the same to defend themselves at times of need.
- Another important significance of Reindeer is that these animals are seen to drive the cart of none other than the famous Santa Clause around whom the entire Christmas festival revolves around. So, Reindeers are an important element of Christmas and they are even decorated beautifully during the festival.
Your cute paper reindeer is ready! This is a perfect craft for Christmas décor, or you can even use the same in your scrapbook or to decorate the favorite wall of your room. This is an engaging yet enjoyable craft so hurry up and try your hands on them and enjoy!
FAQ on How to Make Paper Reindeer – Step by Step Instructions
1. What materials do I need to make a paper reindeer?
Answer: You will need cardstock, scissors, glue, a pencil, and a black marker.
2. How do I draw the reindeer shape?
Answer: You can use a template or draw your own shape, but the basic shape should be a circle for the head and two ovals for the body and legs.
3. How do I make the antlers?
Answer: Cut out small triangles from cardstock and glue them to the head of the reindeer.
4. How do I make the eyes?
Answer: Use a black marker to draw eyes onto the reindeer’s face.
5. What color should I make my reindeer?
Answer: You can make your reindeer any color you like!
6. How do I make the ears?
Answer: Cut out two small triangles from cardstock and glue them to the sides of the head.
7. How do I make the nose?
Answer: Cut out a triangle from cardstock and glue it to the center of the reindeer’s face.
8. How do I make the legs?
Answer: Cut out four ovals from cardstock and glue them to the body of the reindeer.
9. How do I make the tail?
Answer: Cut out a small triangle from cardstock and glue it to the back of the reindeer.
10. How do I put it all together?
Answer: Glue all the pieces together to form the reindeer shape.
- How to Make a Paper Dinosaur – Step by Step Instructions
- How to Make Bear Face with Paper and Flower Petals
- How to Make Paper Bunny Step by Step Instructions Easy Tutorial
- Paper Bag Crafts & Activities for Christmas
- How to Make Paper Rabbit – Step by Step Instructions