DIY and Crafts
Fun Button Activities for Kids
Do you ever think how useful a packet of buttons can be? If we talk about buttons then most people will think that these are used only for stitching purposes. But these small and colorful buttons are so useful as they can be used to perform so many activities to teach children about different topics in a very creative and unique manner. Small children find it boring and hectic to sit in one place and listen to the topic. To make learning interesting for them Button activities can help you. Button activities are the best way to develop critical thinking in a student. These activities are very easy and don’t require much time for preparation. These activities will also develop kinesthetic skills in the children. While performing such activities children can easily get knowledge about different topics from threading to crafting.
These button activities is an indoor activities and can be easily performed under the supervision of teachers and parents. This activity is very inexpensive as you only require some buttons and a few crafting materials. Through this activity, children can learn various mathematical techniques too. Grouping, matching, and ordering buttons can give so many learning experiences to small kids. Here are some of the very cool and educational, fun button activities for kids that will help you to teach small children with a unique teaching method.
Fun Button Activities For Kids
We are here with fun button activities for kids like fine motor skill practice, felt tic tac toe game, math gameplay, Pet the cat button, fasten button whirligig, fun button activity, letters alphabet, cupcake, mitten button counting, inexpensive and easy, beginning sound, apple tree color sort, sewing, learning, art activity, playing learning, hands-on math button graph, and bowl craft.
Read More: 15 Fun DIY Ideas & Activities to Do With the Kids
Fine Motor Skill Practice Activity With Buttons
The first picture is teaching your kids how to button a shirt or pants. Try to give them small clothes for the beginning.
Teach them how to button and unbutton these clothes.
These types of activities are suitable for toddlers and aged between 3-5 years.
It is the beginning of increasing motor skills.
DIY Felt Tic Tac Toe Game Craft With Fine Motor Skills
Just look at these easy DIY tic tac toe games.
- A Piece of Clothes
- Start cutting pieces of cloth in a heart shape. Cut 6 of them.
- Paste buttons on it or you can stitch the buttons also.
- Now take one white square size piece of cloth and make squares with thread. Make 9 Square boxes of similar size.
- Now stitch those hearts with the button on top of each square on a piece of cloth.
- Stitch ribbon if you want. And it’s ready.
These are suitable for the age group of 5-10 years in which they will increase their motor skills.
Learn Math Game Play Activities For Kids
Kids learn faster when you teach them with some practical knowledge.
- Start making some shapes with colorful paper or buttons .eg square, triangle, circle, hexagon, etc.
- Make a cube with numbers written on it.
- Start playing with your kids and asking them random questions like what is this shape and what is this number.
- Through this, your kid will learn faster and this will increase mobility.
- You can also add colors to any shaped paper.
This is suitable for children in preschool.
Easy Pete The Cat Button Activity For Toddlers
- Take any plastic bottle, cut its upper part, and left the lower part which is cylindrical.
- Cover that cylindrical part with some colorful chart paper. Paste the buttons on it.
- Tell your kid to throw a colorful button under it and count the number at telling the colors. This can increase the mobility, and motor skills of children.
These are suitable for toddlers.
Fasten Button Whirligig Activity For Kindergarten
- A Thread
- Take the buttons with 2 holes in them.
- Insert the thread in the button first hole and then again insert it with another hole.
- Keep the length of the tread bigger so that it can whirl.
- Make a knot at the end of the thread.
- Make 2-3 more and color it if you want.
- Children aged 3-6 can enjoy it.
Read More: 20 Lovely and Fun Popsicle Stick Crafts for Kids!
Fun Button Stem Activity Challenge For Kids
This is super easy and super cute.
- Take clay.. color it blue and pink or any color which is your kid’s favorite.
- These can be used as Abacus. Children can learn maths with it more easily.
- It can be used by the aged 4-10.
Button Letters Alphabet Craft For Kids
A fun way to teach the alphabet to your kids.
Let’s see an easy and fun way of it.
- Take a sheet of paper and buttons.
- Paste the buttons on a sheet of paper in an alphabetical manner. Like A-shaped with buttons.
- Do this together with your kid. This will help them to remember the alphabet more easily.
- Preschools can do it more easily and can learn faster
How To Make Button Cupcake Tutorial
Wanna draw something new?
Have a look at it
These little and easy activities can be your kid’s favorite. They can learn to differentiate between colors and objects
These are best suited to ages between 3-5.
Mitten Button Counting Math Activity For Preschool
BUTTONS can be used in counting. Have you ever thought of it? I guess no…
Let’s see how this fun activity can increase your kid’s memory.
- Take 1 button and a piece of paper and cut it in any shape. And paste the button on it. That will be 1.
- Again for 2 take another 2 buttons and paste them on paper. That will be 2.
- Continue it till you want your kid to learn.
- This can be good for lower kG students.
- And this can be done as a school project also.
Inexpensive And Easy Button Activities For Toddlers
You can make a button tree. This is very fun and loving.
These can help in making children learn numbers more easily and efficiently.
With these types of activities, they can learn to differentiate colors, numbers, objectives, etc.
Read More: 20 Adorable Seashell Fun Craft Ideas for Kids
Beginning Sound Button Cover Activity
This is super easy.
- You just need a piece of paper and cut it in a round shape. Make 2 holes in it.
- Colour the paper buttons with your desired color.
Your kid will love it
These are mainly for toddlers just to teach them basic color differences.
Easy & Fun Apple Tree Button Color Sort Activity
Here is a short and easy activity for your kids. These can be good playing objects for your kids. Tell them to paste buttons on the tree with their favorite colors.
And it’s ready. Kids under age 10 will love it.
Sewing Buttons Fine Motor Practice For Preschool
Teaching your kids sewing buttons can increase motor skills. Do not use a needle instead of that you can use a toothpick.
Try to make them comfortable with it.
These types of activities will develop the brain of the children and help them to keep themselves busy.
Fun Pete The Cat Button Learning craft Activity With Teacher
Wanna know how these are made?
These are the activities that can increase the visibility of children and make them creative.
This creative DIY can make your students happy.
These are best suited to toddlers.
Felt Button Art Activity Idea For Kids
Let your kid draw a scenario of their own choice.
Tell them to make it more creative with buttons.
Like these, they can make their drawings more creative and beautiful.
20+ Fun Fall Leaf Crafts for Kids
Fun Button Playing Learning Activity For Classroom
Take chart papers. Draw random lines or shapes on it.
Tell your children to paste buttons on that lines in the same shape.
This is a very good time pass for your kids, Fun activity.
These are best for toddlers
Hands-on Math Button Graph Activity For Preschool
This super easy math activity can increase your child’s motor activities and can make them genius.
This will increase their math activity.
These are best for pre-learners.
Button Bowl Craft Idea For Kids
- Take a paper bowl. And stick different colorful buttons on it. Button bowls are ready.
Your children can use it to put their belongings in it.
These are super easy.
These will help them to keep their belongings secure and in the proper place. Start these when they start walking.
HOPE YOU WILL LIKE ALL THESE DIY AND FUN ACTIVITIES. MUST TRY THESE WITH YOUR CHILDREN.
I hope you like our list of Fun Activities For Kids and will surely try to make them. If you like our ideas and want to read more crafts ideas, Keep visiting our website for the latest DIY ideas and other creative stuff for kids, parents, and teachers. Please let us know in the comment section which Fun Activity you like the most.
Thank you and have a nice day!
Follow us on Youtube for art and craft tutorials and much more.
More Articles From Kids Art & Craft
- Easy Fun Craft Ideas for Kids
- 20+ Simple Outdoor Activities for Kids
- 25 Best Indoor Craft Activities for kids
- Easy recycling crafts & game activities for kids
- Easy DIY Craft Activities for Kids at Home